Wednesday, May 6, 2009

House in Gallup

So I took the day off yesterday to meet Trace in Gallup to find a place to live. When we went down last week, there was 1 house for rent and 0 apartments. can you believe that!! and it was a dump and $1400/mo. I know most of you can't really appreciate the cost of housing here since LA is the most expensive place ever but $1400 is a lot for the middle of no where! so we left last week a little concerned about the lack of housing but decided to just give it some time and keep an open mind.
So a lady at the Gallup yard called Trace and said her cousin had a house he was renting. So Trace called him and checked it out on Monday. He liked it and I got to see it yesterday. Very nice. Well you know I can never just say yes. I need to think about it and weigh my options and check out every other possibility to be sure we're getting the best deal. I might get into the other house later but i'm not sure how long this will be.

So back to the house we actually rented...
3 bed, 1 bath, living, dining, brandnew kitchen, den, & office. Not bad at all! well the 1 bathroom will be a challenge but that's okay. The front and back are landscaped with rock witch is pretty common there. there is a small patch of dirt in the back that we will probably lay sod for my future puppy! No garage but there is a large shed/workshop to hold all our stuff and lots of driveway space.
Here are some pics. If anyone is traveling through I-40 come on by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment