Monday, August 3, 2009

Trip to CA (stop in AZ)



Monday June 22, Mom, Max, & I set off for California. I decided to drive my mom home instead of having her fly home on the ticket she already bought...sorry about that. :) But since I'm still looking for a job Trace and I thought it would be a good time for me to take a girls trip back to the beach to hang out and catch up with everyone for a few days. We stopped to see aunt Lu and the family in Cornville, AZ (near Sedona) Monday night. Max got to play with their dogs, Dukie and Roxie, and we got to hang out and stretch our legs and visit. We went to dinner at Pizza Hut and then went to watch my cousin play Softball after. Game was good, all was well...Till our family almost went to the dirt with the other side!! Seriously! The other team was losing badly and they weren't happy about it. So they were being snotty the whole time and I'll admit our side of the bleachers were a little rowdy but not really us. When the game was over the two teams slap hands, good game, good game, all that... Well the pitcher wouldn't shake hands, he just made a fist and walked by... so my sweet innocent 5'2" aunt (okay, maybe not so sweet and innocent) said "come on pitcher, don't be such a poor sport"... so after the game he walked over and started talking smack! Something like "say that to my face old lady!" so she just said he was showing poor sportsmanship. Seriously not cussing or being nasty. Well that exploded and as we were walking to the cars, their whole team started following us and yelling and then my family was getting pissed. I have 3 cousins, 18-21, and they weren't happy with they guys talking to their mom that way; but we were all trying to convince each other to get to the cars. So the rest of Adams team stepped in and we were able to go home with out throwing blows but holy moly, it was crazy!! Never a dull moment with Aunty Lu! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment