Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yum

I bought myself some fruit roll up things the other day. They are made by Cliff Bars and marketed as organic kids fruit things. I decided to let Anabelle give it a shot. She LOVED it!! It was so funny. Its formed like a twisted rope so it was easy for her to hold and easy for her to get in her mouth and not choke. It took her a minute to realize it was yummy then she had a ball.

She sat happily for a good 10-20 minutes sucking away. It was too thick for her to bite any off and Dad and I were right next to her smiling and watcing the whole time. Trace took it from her once to see what she would do and she instantly frowned and reached for it. She's never done that, especially not for food. We just cracked up. She made a mess and got mushy sticky stuff all over her face, hands, PJ's, me, the blanket, couch, etc. But it was so worth it.

After she was done eating/playing I thought OMG I hope there's nothing in there that she allergic too or isn't safe for babies. But I read the label and it was pretty much Apple puree so I felt ok and she had no negative affects. I haven't given her any more but I probably will. She has been less than interested in any food or anything other than breastfeeding so this was a great way for her to see food can be good.

I got a little video on my cell phone but it's pretty dark. I'll post it any way :)


No comments:

Post a Comment