Friday afternoon around 3:30 when we turned up our road we came to this raging river gushing over the road. The reservoir just to the side of the road had breached and sent a flood across our dirt road. I stopped to take a picture and engaged to 4x4 and proceeded slowly across to get home. 

As I continued on the road home I saw a white Nissan with its headlights flashing stuck in the ditch. I stopped to check on them and it was a couple from New York that had made a wrong turn and got stuck in the mid day down pour. I called two tow trucks for them and one said they wouldn't risk the mud and couldn't come and the other couldn't come for several hours. So they decided to wait for Trace to get home and pull them out.
By the time Trace got there to save them. Just before 6:00, the road had washed away from the water rushing over. Now he was stuck on one side and the New Yorkers were stuck in the other. I'm pretty sure I had driven over the washed out road by the skin of my teeth. Thank you to the angels that carried us across! So Trace called the county and they sent a backhoe to repair the road. So finally at 9:30pm the New Yorkers were able to get off our dirt road and Trace could come come. Crazy day on a country road.
No comments:
Post a Comment