Monday, December 20, 2010

1st month

I'm 5 months behind on blogging, and I'm tired and just want to be caught up so I'm free to jump on here and tell you about the funny things that happen daily... so forgive the quick recaps. Maybe I'll come back sometime and put in more info.

But the first month home was a total blur! Anabelle was born Friday, July 23rd and we were discharged Monday July 26th (her due date).
Jessica came down to see us and was a great help the first couple of days when I couldn't drive and couldn't get up and down very well. I'll never forget our first night. It was awful. Trace and I were up all night. I didn't know how to help that poor little baby and Trace didn't know how to help me. It got better...

The first month was just about getting used to Anabelle. Learning to feed her. Breastfeeding is not as easy as it seems like it should be. But we figured it out and everything else too. She didn't like her bath for the first month but we made it through :)


She had her first road trip in before she was three weeks old. We drove to Montrose for the day and made it by Grandma & Grandpa's for a quick visit. She did excellent in the car...it was probably the last time she was that good in a car.


She was healthy and happy and growing on track! The first month was over, I took 140 pictures of her and I didn't break her. It was a good month.

No comments:

Post a Comment