Just had a funny moment at the grocery store. Anabelle and I were there this morning getting some snacks for our trip to Colorado and some Southern Comfort to go with the eggnog for the non-nursing family members. When we got to the check out the cashier was super nice and talking to Anabelle and so on. When she got to the SoCo she said they don't sell alcohol until after 10:am (it was 9:40). I told her that was a bummer, I had just got done telling her how mornings are so much better for us to shop when it's quiet and Anabelle is awake but that she was ready for a nap, blah blah blah... So she said she would let us buy it this one time since my baby was soooo cute. Aw thanks!! Trace and Uncle Dave say thanks too.
As I was walking out I heard her talking to the next group in line. Two guys, mid-twenties, wanted to buy just a case of beer. Not gonna happen. She put it aside and told them they had to come back at 10.
But that lady just bought alcohol
Yeah but she had other groceries... (then I was too far away to hear them)
They walked by my as I was loading the car.
Sorry Guys, she wouldn't let you buy it, huh...
No, and I'm even active military....
Guess it pays to have a cute baby!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment